Thursday, February 18, 2010

laundry on my lunch break

Its finally come to this. I'm doing laundry on my lunch break.

I'm back home from bombing an anthropology test. I can't believe how little of the information I retained from the first three weeks of class, even though I was paying attention and taking copious notes.




If I can get through this semester, I know it'll be worth it. Between two senior project classes, web design class, liberal arts classes, preparing my portfolio, and interviewing for jobs, my spare time has been reduced to when I'm asleep. Add an on-campus job I have for the sole purpose of putting money into savings for after graduation, excruciating visits to the bed-stuy YMCA 4 night/week, grocery shopping at C-TOWN-Town-town, throwing together 3 meals a day (more like 1 meal stretched into 3) and whatever other bullshit surprises I have to deal with on a regular basis (i.e. texting my landlord at 3am begging for heat, picking up 20 pairs of shoes spread over 2 flights of stairs from a broken shoe rack, etc.) and I'm literally out of time. My best friend, Dan stopped by my job at the school computer lab yesterday to see if I'm alive, here's our paraphrased conversation:

"Wanna get dinner after work?"
"I can't spend money on anything, especially take-out."
"Well, we can make dinner then."
"I don't have time, I have to go the gym tonight."
"I liked you better before you were responsible."
"I think everyone did."

My mom doesn't even call me anymore. She knows better. I either ask for impossible advice or money.

I need to go build a flash website now. Oh, no, I don't know how to build a flash website. Maybe I'll be able to get it done in half an hour? I have be at work by 5... :)

No comments: